- All accommodation is cheap (compared to other major cities). $50 for a double over the weekend? Can do. $50 for a room in a resort during the week? Sure.
- Outlet shops. I got a AU$200 watch for US$25!
- Shows. We went to Excalibur and saw a really fun show with jousting, fireworks, tiny-baby-chicken birds and Merlin!
- The Fremont Street Experience. Lights, music, people everywhere – not our usual cup of tea, but really cool.
- The free ‘shows’ put on by the resorts: Gilligan’s; Bellagio fountains; Grand Canal (not a show, but interesting).
- Bonus: amazing hotel designs – a photographer’s delight.